Discover a Love for China with Shane English!
Discover China through the eyes of our wonderful students. Live and explore a culture that will enrich your life. From cosmopolitan cities to ancient towns steeped in history, Shane English offers wonderful opportunities for individuals who are passionate about teaching. China is a world unto itself, and the stories of those who spend time there are as unique as the country itself. Few places have as rich and old a cultural heritage as the country known as "the Middle Kingdom". Exploring the whole of China would take more than a lifetime but to experience some of the old and new is feasible in a short time. Established in 2001, Shane English School China currently operates in over 25 cities across China. We are well known as a market leading language school. With thousands of students coming through our doors every year we make every effort to maintain the highest standards in education by providing excellent course materials, technology and an engaging learning environment.
Learn More About Exciting Careers with Shane English!
Shane teachers typically teach between 20 to 25 hours over a five-day week. Teaching English in China usually involves working with young children. The majority of our students are Young Learners aged from 3 to 16 years old and teachers enjoy teaching to a variety of ages throughout the week. Students are grouped by age and ability. Classes in the main language centers are small and have Chinese teaching assistants to help with the correction of homework, monitoring of students and classroom control. During the week, teachers may venture to local kindergartens or elementary schools to teach groups of students with the assistance of the children's regular class teacher.
- 20-25 classroom hours per week, two days off each week.
- Prepare lesson plans, teaching objectives and syllabus.
- Begin and end classes on time. This includes arriving at the classroom 15 minutes before class begins.
- Communicate with parents on students’ classroom performance weekly.
- Interact with both Parents and Kids in a way that is educational, fun, and engaging in classrooms and center.
- Apprise students of classroom and center rules.
- TEFL/CELTA qualification is a must
- Native English speakers and passport holders from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK or United States.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 2 years life or teaching experience necessary
- Sociable, positive and hard-working
- Culturally inquisitive
- Looking for a challenge
Compensation and Benefits*
- Generous Salary: CNY 7,500 - 12,000/month
- Housing allowance
- Visa and health check
- Monthly local outings organised by the School
- Welfare Officer to help with support teachers adapting to life in China
- Paid professional training
- Free Chinese lessons
- Paid public holidays and paid holiday leave
- Insurance reimbursement
- Arrival support: Airport pickup and induction training
- Opportunity for career advancement
- No office hours
- End of contract performance bonus
- Ongoing training and full academic support form the Head Office and Center Managers
- Full resources and materials
- Airfare bonus
*Benefits subject to change
Come Teach English with Shane English