Teach English in China with METEN English!
METEN ENGLISH was established in 2006 with the sole purpose of offering the English language to English learners. The first center opened in Chongqing back in 2006. Since then METEN ENGLISH has expanded to over 44 centers in over 13 cities such as Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Foshan, Beijing, Suzhou, Xiamen, and Chengdu. With over 2000 teaching and administrative employees including 350 Foreign English teachers and 400 local Chinese English teachers. METEN ENGLISH has successfully taught more than 60, 000 students since 2006.
Each METEN ENGLISH center occupies 1000-2000㎡ and is equipped with state of the art equipment. This includes a coffee bar, theater, library, lab area with many computers with internet access and spacious classrooms that allow students to study in a comfortable and relaxing environment. METEN ENGLISH's R&D center currently has over 100 course developers possessing masters or doctorate degrees - the curriculum is unique, extremely effective and known throughout China as an enjoyable and practical way to acquire the English language. As a company that is ambitious and expanding at a rapid rate, METEN ENGLISH is constantly striving to become better - we hire only the best and our Senior management is developed from within. That means there is fantastic opportunity for professional growth and upward movement at METEN!
Learn More About Exciting Careers with METEN English!
METEN ENGLISH has always focused on accelerating English language learning. The company name “METEN” has been built on the foundation on how METEN ENGLISH offers English learning to students. Each letter symbolizes a part on how METEN ENGLISH offers English learning to students;
M is used to measure requirements to customize a study play in accordance with the needs of students.
E is used to improve students’ experience learning through affective learning and solve issues with confidence building activities.
T is used to enable students to learn English through tasks by doing real-life activities both in and out of the classes.
E is used to encourage and enable students to increase knowledge, develop skills and clarify values by means of education.
N is used to remind METEN to nurture students’ as well as teach them English.
METEN ENGLISH’s “Experiential Education"
Experiential education is a process that occurs between a teacher and a student that infuses direct experience within the learning environment and content. The Association for experiential education regards experiential education "as a philosophy and methodology in which educators purposefully engage with learners in direct experience and focused reflection in order to increase knowledge, develop skills and clarify values."
- 25 teaching hours + 10 office hours per week in terms of the contract
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity, interest, and abilities of students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of established district curriculum goals, establishes and communicates clear objectives to the students for all lessons, units, and projects.
- Support specialized ESL assessments. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis, provides progress reports as required.
- Be familiar with METEN’s teaching philosophy and course curriculum (experiential learning mode)
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Native English speaker from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK or United States.
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA (preferred).
- Related teaching experience (preferred).
- Outstanding personal/interpersonal communication skills; openness towards cross culture environments.
- Experience with technology in facilitating instruction.
- Excellent organizational and neatness skills enthusiastic in teaching.
- Willingness to be flexible in terms of teaching assignment within the school setting.
Compensation and Benefits*
- Competitive salary CNY 8,000 - 12,000/month
- Accommodation allowance
- International airfare allowance
- Sponsor Work visa and support the application procedure
- Medical and accidental insurance
- Opportunity for quarterly bonus and other performance based incentives
- Excellent opportunity for growth within the METEN organization.
*Benefits subject to change
Come Teach English with METEN English