Teach English in China With EF English First!
Teaching English in China with EF combines an unforgettable experience with a rewarding job. You can learn Mandarin, travel the country and meet fascinating people. At the same time you'll gain valuable teaching experience abroad in an organization committed to delivering the best English training program to every student. EF gives you the excitement of teaching English in China with the stability of a safe, reliable employer committed to your professional development. When you teach English in China, you will be interacting with the current and future leaders of the country. It is a great opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of how Chinese people see the outside world.
As soon as you walk into one of our schools, you will understand that teaching English in China with EF is not like teaching in any other Chinese school. Creating a welcoming environment conducive to learning is our highest priority. Teachers and other staff members are relaxed, students stay after class to chat, and there's a general buzz of friendly productivity. EF schools have customized classrooms for each student age group. For young learners, classrooms have smaller furniture, colorful murals and heated flooring to create a comfortable, stimulating environment. Adult classrooms have modern desks, projectors and interactive white boards. All our schools are equipped with computer labs, bright student lounges and teacher preparation areas. EF English teaching programs help people of all nationalities and ages become global citizens. Mastery of English opens up a world of opportunities for our students. By teaching English in China, you will make a real difference in each student's life.
We have students of all ages from 6 year olds to Youth. We are currently hiring teachers specialized in teaching either Young Learners or Youth. You may also apply to teach a mixture of class types. We expect all our staff to be punctual, since the classes have to adhere to a schedule and students expect to receive their full allotted instructional time. We also expect teachers to represent EF well, both inside and outside of class.
- Working 20-25 classroom hours per week (varies per school)
- Use audio / video materials in classes plus the latest technology in every classroom (including Interactive Whiteboards)
- Use school provided courseware and other resources to plan effective and engaging lessons for learners of various ages and proficiency levels.
- Placement testing and interviewing of new students.
- Carry out academic-related responsibilities including demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations.
- Cooperate with the CM and DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the centre.
- Attend centre social events
(These qualifications are preferred, although some Provinces have slightly different requirements)
- A genuine interest in teaching and education 1+ year teaching experience, preferably in EFL or ESL Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- TEFL certificate (CELTA or equivalent preferred)
- Native English speaker
- Passport issued by an English-speaking country
- Enthusiasm, positive attitude, willingness to learn, good team spirit & investment in student success
- Aged 24 to 55 (due to China working visa requirements)
- No criminal record
Compensation and Benefits*
Packages worth 9,500- 16,500/month broken down as follows:
- Competitive salary -CNY 5,500 - 10,000 per month (commensurate with experience and qualifications)
- 10 days paid leave + Chinese National Holidays
- Sponsored Z working visa
- Flight allowance
- Health Insurance
- Chinese lessons
- Arrival support
- Accommodation assistance
- Induction teacher training program
- Ongoing classroom based professional development
- Eligibility for other bonuses and incentives (varies per school)
*Benefits subject to change
Come Teach English with English First