Imagine having the chance to inspire children and guide them on the road to success. At our school, you'll help children develop a passion for the English language using our award winning curriculum, innovative technology and with the support of our beloved characters and stories. You'll help shape their futures, and build rewarding relationships with them along the way.
From discovering a new culture to working with a company that has been recognized for family entertainment for decades, we offer a unique opportunity to make a world of difference in a child's future.
About Shenzhen City:
Shenzhen has sprung up on the border with Hong Kong almost literally overnight. What was fields and forests just twenty years ago has become one of the most vibrant young cities in mainland China. One of the fastest growing cities in the world, Shenzhen has become the heart of foreign direct investment in China with a thriving tech industry and home to the Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
Nothing captures the imaginations of children more than a great story. We combine the art of storytelling, breakthrough language learning methodology and innovative technology to inspire learners' passion for English. Since the opening of our flagship Center in Shanghai in 2008, we have been sharing the gift of English with thousands of children across China. By providing an award-winning academic curriculum and engaging children with their favorite stories, songs and characters; we aim to create a fun, lively, and highly effective learning environment.
An opportunity with our school allows you to make a difference in the lives of children, all while receiving ongoing professional development and gaining valuable experience within our growing company. The role of Foreign Trainer could be the experience of a lifetime. Bring your talent, creativity and unique experience, and discover why a career with us is the opportunity you've been looking for.
Foreign Trainers are responsible for providing a highly engaging and effective learning experience to learners aged 2-12 through the delivery of innovative and immersive educational content. The Foreign Trainer is responsible for ensuring measurable academic results in a fun and lively learning environment, delivering an outstanding service experience to learners and parents, and collaborating closely with their Learning Partner.
* Deliver curriculum with energy and enthusiasm, using immersive learning techniques such as story-telling, singing, dialogue and role playing in combination with formal exercises * Communicate with learners in an engaging, age-appropriate way, ensuring that language learning is both effective and fun * Measure progress and educational results through the delivery of formal and informal assessments and progress reports * Collect audio & visual portfolio material of learners' work and progress during lessons to share with parents * Partner closely with the Learning Partners to maintain strong relationships with parents, ensuring high level of program engagement and outstanding service, by communicating both in person and through our online portal * Contribute to Center's success by leading engaging demonstrations of our lessons for potential learners and their parents * Participate in various marketing and referral events to drive learner enrollment as needed * Ensure classes are run efficiently and start and end, as scheduled * Prepare print materials, technology and supplemental materials prior to the start of each lesson * Deliver private lessons as required, due to learner absences or for learners that are falling behind * Contribute to overall Center success by ensuring consistently high learner renewal rates, through the delivery of great service and measurable learner progress * Participate in regular safety and security training and drills, understand and execute the Center's Emergency Response Plans
* A minimum of 12 months post-bachelor's degree teaching/instuctional experience * English language fluency including but not limited to: proper grammar, sentence structure, word tense, subject-verb agreement, and proper use of adjectives and adverbs * Demonstration of a neutral accent, clear pronunciation, good intonation and English language rhythm * A passion for educating young learners and a keen interest in their development * Ability to command the attention of large groups of children in an engaging and compelling manner * Energetic, enthusiastic, animated approach to storytelling and delivering content to learners * Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-change work environment * Professionalism in oral and written communications * Customer-service oriented with creative problem solving skills * Able to stand for extended periods of time, squat and bend. Frequent lifting of 0.4 - 1.9 K.G. or 1 - 5 pounds and occasional lifting of up to 15 -19 K.G. or 40-50 pounds * Ability to relocate to China for a 12 to 15 month contract
* Internationally recognized TEFL or TESOL certification * Experience traveling internationally and/or working abroad
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
Compensation and Benefits
* Salaries start at 10,000 RMB per month * PLUS 3,000 - 4,850 RMB monthly housing allowance * PLUS 7,000 RMB training bonus * TEFL-C certification * Health and dental Insurance (Chinese based insurance company) * Minimum 40 hour work week (20-25 contact teaching hours) including evening and weekends * Paid sick and vacation time, plus 11 Chinese national holidays * 3 weeks hotel accommodation upon arrival in China * Robust academic training * Paid airfare to China and a monthly travel stipend toward return trip * Rosetta Stone Mandarin license
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, we kindly request you prepare the following materials:
Your resume/CV A recent photograph Scan copy of your passport information page Scan copies of your degree and TEFL/TESOL certificates Your current location and preferred start date
Due to the volume of applications received, please understand it may not be possible for the company to contact each candidate individually. A recruitment professional will be in contact with you if we are interested in pursuing your candidacy further.
Thank you again for your interest in this position and for choosing ESL Suite to assist you with your job search in China!
The Recruitment Team at ESL Suite
Please remember to include this job requisition number (DESZ1700) in the application form.